Crispy morsels with tomato and basil
- 160 g grated Grana Padano cheese
- 85 g tomato Flan (1 pot)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 basil leaves
To make the crispy cheese wafers:
1. Heat a fan oven to 200°C, and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Grate the cheese and then use a tablespoon to arrange the cheese in 6 small circles, each one about 2-3 cm in diameter.
3. Then put the baking tray in the oven for 3 minutes until the cheese has melted to create some round wafers. Take the tray out of the oven when the wafer edges are golden brown.
For the filling:
4. Put the tomato Flan into a small bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper and a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil. Stir it all into a smooth cream.
5. Put the wafers on a tray, and then use a pastry bag (or a tablespoon) to put a little of the cream on each wafer.
6. Wash the basil leaves, and then decorate each morsel with a green basil leaf.
A personal touch can be added to this dish according to taste.
Those who love cheese with a stronger flavour can choose a tasty cheese such as Pecorino.
If you prefer a more pronounced Mediterranean taste, you can add some oregano to the cream filling.