Piadina with chicken, vegetables and Pantelleria capers IGP
For the piadina (Italian flat bread):
500g Italian "00" flour
50ml extra-virgin olive oil
For the filling:
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 clove garlic
half a glass of dry white wine
salt as required
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
50g Valbona Pantelleria Capers
- Begin by making the piadine. Sieve the flour into a bowl and add all the other ingredients. Mix with a spoon, then turn out the dough onto a pastry board and knead with your hands until the mixture is smooth and even. It will take about 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let it stand for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Cut the chicken into strips and grill it; season with salt.
- Sauté the glove of garlic in a pan in the extra-virgin olive oil; add the peppers cut into strips and cook over a high heat for a few minutes. Deglaze with the white wine and cook for about another 20 minutes until the peppers are soft. Season with salt, and then add the chicken and the capers rinsed in water. Mix well.
- Take the piadina dough and divide it into 8 equal pieces. Flatten each piece with your hands, forming them into a round shape; then roll out the piadina with a rolling pin until it is a couple of millimetres thick.
- Heat a non-stick pan (I use a pancake pan) and cook the piadina for about 1 minute on both sides. During cooking, many bubbles will form, which is quite normal.
- Put the filling in the piadina, close it and serve.