Monkfish in "porchetta" with organic artichokes
1 medium-size monkfish (500-600g)
200g pancetta tesa (Italian flat bacon)
360g small artichokes (Valbìo sliced Artichokes in oil)
half a glass of aromatic white wine
a few sprigs of wild fennel
1 clove garlic
10 shallots to garnish (optional)
extra-virgin olive oil
- Butterfly the monkfish, after removing the skin and the central bone.
- Grease the flesh with a drizzle of oil and season with a pinch of salt, pepper and a few sprigs of wild fennel.
- Peel and finely chop the clove of garlic and sauté it in a pan with a drizzle of oil. Add the artichokes after draining them well. Cook for a few minutes. Let them cool a little. Remove any cooking juices.
- Lay the slices of bacon, slightly overlapping, on a sheet of baking paper and put the monkfish in the middle.
- Put the artichokes in the centre of the monkfish, close the flesh and then wrap the bacon around it well.
- Tie it all up with some kitchen string and put it in an oven dish.
- Peel the shallots, cut them in half and place them around the monkfish. Pour over the wine, sprinkle with olive oil and bake in a hot oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes.